Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bolshoi, スゴ〜〜〜い!!!!

Yesterday night I went to the ballet at the Teatre Victoria in Parallel. The Bolshoi was in town! I must confess I'm not a great fan of ballet, nor that I know much about it, though I've heard a great deal of its music since most of the most important ballets are Russian, and I really love Russian music, specially this from the beginning of the XX century.



I was totally and absolutely impressed! My beloved Ch., who loves ballet and was the main reason why I went there, was jumping in the seat with emotion while watching it. She said that they were amazing, the best she had seen so far. I was mostly astonished by some of the modern coreographies, since I still can't get much into the most classic ones, with those guys dressed like prices in manga stories, with ribbons and blouses.

Among the collection of pieces of different ballets they showed, I heard one that was very easy to recognize, Spartacus. Despite they performed a different scene, I prefer the adagio in Spartacus, where the slave dances with his wife Phrygia, in the woods, while fleeing from the Roman legions of Crassus. Watching and listening to Khachaturian performed by the Bolshoi is kind of listening to the Bible recited by God itself, I guess: the very same source of it all!



Ballet has a more icy sister, I mean, figure skating, of which Ch. is also a great fan. Her favorite is Mao Asada (真央浅田), but I prefer Kim Yu-Na, the Earth angle that is flying among the notes of Scheherezade. As known, Scheherezade was delaying her execution due to her infidelity by telling one thousand and one stories to her husband in the Arabian nights. This blog is kind of the same thing. Hope being as entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment