Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Life is Chaos, Love is Cosmos

Yesterday evening, I witnessed in front of my very eyes how an old English lady's purse was stolen while she was trying to get on the train at Sants Station. The guy was supposedly trying to help her to get on the train with all her luggage but he swiftly slid a hand into her bag. She only noticed it once on the train, and that was too late.

I tried to help the old English lady yesterday. They were two old married couples with no command in any language but English. She was about to cry, her hands were shaking, and her face looked totally shocked. Besides, the guy who was trying to help her describing the pickpocket to the train official was making a pretty poor translation of the thief's features. British accent is kind of tricky sometimes.

Later, I met this professor at University whom I'm collaborating with. He has a new PhD student and we had to talk about some worthwhile ideas to develop in his doctoral thesis. The new student is from Egypt and has just arrived in my city with his wife, who is also pursuing another PhD. Not that surprisingly, he was also stolen his laptop before going through the arrival gate at BCN airport. He said that this was no good signal, but I think he should take it as a new beginning, without looking behind.

Before I could get home without having been myself stolen, though, I had to dodge a guy in the middle of the highway who had crashed his car against the dividing barrier. It was a rainy and darker than a wolf's throat evening, yesterday's. Hopefully, at home, my beloved Ch. was waiting for me, as sweet as ever. She had been crying; this I could tell from her eyes. I comfort her in the best way I know, until she could smile again, and then we had a very pleasant night.

Life is most of times on the verge of being dramatically catastrophic, which I can assure from my own experience. So, what really matters at the end of the day? To me, getting an absolutely true, unselfish, and loving embrace. Nothing else, nothing less. The rest, just sterile pastime and scum.

No comments:

Post a Comment