Friday, April 29, 2011

ノルウェイの森 or Rinko's Bush

Two Fridays ago, a loud voice from an arm-waving guy attracted my attention some minutes before leaving for lunch. He was on the sidewalk in front of my office talking on the phone. I realized in a fraction of a sec. who the guy was. He was Sergi Lopez, the actor.



I don't like his acting or movies that much, but I like the way he is, expansive, loud, and pretty rough and straightforward. Besides, we share similar anatomic roundness around the belly, making our look close to adult gorillas.

He had the privilege of being among Rinko Kikuchi's legs in Map of the Sound of Tokyo, which makes him kind of a demi-god for me!



Today another movie showing Rinko is premiered in Spain, Norwegian Wood, the adaption of Murakami's book by Anh Hung Tran. Yesterday night I saw an advance on TV and the Vietnamese director has brought a lot color and sensuality to an otherwise pretty bleak and dim story. The movie seems visually very beautiful, which has increased my desire of watching it, despite I found the book nothing more than a shortly written diary of a youngster with too many mental wanking. Let's see the movie and Rinko's woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment