Sunday, September 27, 2009

Japanized Food in 10 min

Before Barcelona, I was living in Japan for some years. Japan changed me in many ways, but especially, in the way I eat or cook. Today, I had forgoten to have lunch, but suddenly my stomach revived as an alien and woke me up from a non-scheduled nap. I was hungry and wanted some vegetables immediately.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of my new finding. It is called "wok" and is mixture of frozen vegetables prepared in the adequate shape to be eaten by using chopsticks, as I usually do now. 10 min at most, I reckon. I place the vegetables still frozen on a pan, and warm them up until they unfreeze.

Mixture of tastes makes dishes more appealing. Since I've been somehow Japanized, I usually mix olive oil and しょうゆ (醤油), a powerful combination!

Now, it looks more edible, doesn't it?


The last step is left ad libitum, and this afternoon, I fancied cheese on the top of these vegetables, like if they were spaghetti.

Et viola! The miracle is worked: what not even 10min ago were just frozen vegetables that looked like a stone is now a delicious dish at the table, ready to be eaten.

Bon profit! いただきます!

No comments:

Post a Comment