Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Catching a Liar Is Easier Than Catching a Lame Person

I've been lied many times, mostly, by women. I don't have any mercy for liars though, at some point, it is funny to see how they try to make you believe their own delusions. It is pretty easy to detect such lies, provided I can see their faces, specially, their eyes. I wouldn't call myself a lie detector, not beyond the only expertise I've gained after years of listening those silly lies, but it's been a need for me to become one: the function causes, by selection, a character to appear, as known in Biology.

How to catch a liar? People make some uncontrolled micro-movements, specially saccades with their eyes. In that moment, the lie is being cooked. Others touch their hair, wink, purse their lips or look somewhere else. Voice differences are also palpable, like small changes in volume, intonation or speed. Some girls are specially good at lying, since they believe what they say. Then, they tend to focus only on their story, which in the best occasions have a good logic behind, and cut any attempt to make things more clear. In such cases, some external facts must be collected to proof any of the statements wrong, and make the whole logical structure collapse.

Pia fraus, for me, are the worst, since the liar supposes some kind of mental weakness in the person who receives the message, which will make him/her unable to resist the consequences of exposing the naked truth and, therefore, justifies the lie somehow. Pious lies are said to be chosen for not hurting other's feelings, ironically and falsely turning a compulsive liar into a benevolent savior. However, when the lie becomes evident, the destroying effects are devastating. This is the common lie employed when being dumped, of which I'm a real expert!

The two more recurrent pious lies I have had to face are "I really do care about my boyfriend" and "I like you, but just as a friend". Who the hell is still so dork to keep saying such bullshit? A bad liar treats the victim of his/her lies as stupid, whereas the good liar doesn't, and adapts the lie to the listener, in the same way a good communicator adapts his speech to the audience. In communication, truths and lies don't exist by themselves beyond the perception listeners have of them.

Two of the best I've ever been said were these. One girl after being somehow disappointed at the expectations she had upon me (perhaps being tall, blond and blue-eyed), told me that she wanted to become a flight attendant and, therefore, at that moment of her life, she wouldn't have time for seeing me. The lie was obvious from the fact she could never reach the standards of any air company and that she even offered herself to pay for the dinner, an evident consequence of her feeling of guilt. So, I had a free meal that night.

Another one told me she was a lesbian and not interested in men, in general. "Why then you accept meeting me?" I thought. I told her I didn't care and I groped her the whole night long while she kept on saying "you know, I don't mind, since I don't feel anything". What a silly girl, falling caught in her own lie! The hilarious part was observing her trying to keep the composure and pretending a sophisticated woman while I was holding her big tits under the shirt. And yes, she felt something, I could notice she had lied!

No comments:

Post a Comment