Wednesday, January 6, 2010

El Delta de l'Ebre

The delta of the river Ebre is a fantastic place which reminds me of Japan and the time I've spent there, surrounded by paddies. Well, I mean Japan in a most pure and remote period, one without pachinko parlors and love hotels. Maybe similar to the spirit that can be felt when walking along the great extension of nothing inside the old palace of Heijo in Nara, the only place in Kansai where the sky can be seen without any cable interfering the view!



I know I tend to take pictures of the sky, but the sky there is wonderful. So powerful and penetrating, that always captures my eyes, and I can't avoid trying to hold it in a picture. Just cheap postcards, I know, but still, strong views of living reality. Sky, water, mud, and rice, the four elements of the Delta. Which is the fifth element? Beauty, but there is no beauty in things without a pair of eyes looking at them. Beauty is in the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment