Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Valencia, la Tierra de las Flores, de la Luz y del Amor...

Last year, after I left Japan, I was living and working in Valencia. I must say it has been one of the best periods in my life. Work was a piece of cake and people was great and alive. I have lots of friends there, and we had memorable binges! We used to go out, first only for a drink on Thursday after work, but it became a custom and started dragging more and more people with us, and later, it turned into a legend.

One time, we didn't sleep and went back to work almost directly after a fast shower at home with the biggest handover of the last times. My brain was literally damaged and I was unable even to read from the screen of my computer. We did very crazy things that night, but having to go to work on the next morning, makes things terribly complicated. The group of tireless ones were Aaaaaandres (excess of 'a' are necessary for emphasis purposes), Clemens, Pascu and me.



Pascu got slept on the toilet when he got home and his girlfriend had to wake him up before falling down on the floor. Cle was the only one walking back home. For the rest, and against any common sense, we drove back home. I remember magically getting home and them, suddenly, falling like a log on my bed. But that's Valencia, big empty avenues at night, with no police control, unlike Catalonia.

Nevertheless, it could had even been a better night if they wouldn't have dragged me away from a college girl. She was ok for me, no brain, big boobs, and fast tongue, but they said she was ugly and we had better things to do, like going to eat something. Who cares, just another little crazy disco bitch thinking she is a queen on zest after her exams, and she already had done her job.

Anyway, my friend Javi has just sent me a link to his band's performance last weekend in Valencia. They play Queen's songs and, despite these videos suck, they do pretty well, very professional. He's the most formal guy on earth, living with his girlfriend, a blond Valencian beauty, in her just renewed apartment. They will marry on July. I'm trying to help him with his PhD, but too many things steal his time, and Rock'n'Roll is the one!



I will go this March to see the Fallas, since last year I missed them, and I guess it is gonna be crazy as ever. Visca Valencia!

No comments:

Post a Comment